We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
— Aristotle, 384 BC – 322 BC
We welcome excellent and naturally self-motivated graduate and undergraduate students, visiting scholars, and postdoctoral researchers, in the following research areas: deep learning, cloud computing, big data, IoT, robotics, and security & privacy.
Current openings: PhD students in deep/machine learning, intelligent platforms, and applications in computer vision, NLP, precision medicine, robotics, and security & privacy.
As a graduate faculty member in both ECE and CISE, Dr. Li can supervise PhD, MS, and BS students enrolled in either ECE or CISE as the main advisor. Students in our lab are almost equally distributed in ECE and CISE. Qualified PhD applicants are encouraged to apply for both ECE and CISE with one application fee. General inquiries without substantial application material for evaluation will be mostly ignored. Only candidates with a good match will be further contacted.
PhD Research Assistantship/Fellowship
We welcome excellent and naturally self-motivated PhD applicants. Research experiences in related areas and strong system programming skills are a plus.If you are interested, please send your detailed resume, transcripts and GPA, rank in your class/department, TOEFL and GRE scores, publications, and others (if applicable) in PDF in one email to andyli-at-ece.
I am sorry that I am not able to answer general inquiries about admission and assistantship without substantial application material for evaluation (applicable to current UF students too). Only the applicants whose background fits in my group will be further contacted.
Your detailed resume should include the following information.
- Your education background with rank in your class or department or both if available, e.g., your rank is 1/30, 5/300, or 6/138 (or 6th out of 138 students). If applicable, please include your thesis titles
- Your undergraduate GPA (in 4.0 and/or 100 point scale or the scale used in your school) and if available, graduate GPA (in 4.0 and/or 100 point scale or the scale used in your school)
- GRE scores, and (for international students) TOEFL scores
- List of your projects, software, publications (if available)
- Working experience (if available)
- Transcripts (Unofficial or official one is fine in PDF. If you have a master degree, please send me both undergraduate and graduate transcripts; if you are Chinese, please also send me your transcripts in Chinese)
- [Optional] Copy of diploma for bachelor degree (and master degree if you received master degree) if available
- [Optional] Publications (if you have more than 3 papers, send me three of your best papers)
- [Optional] Personal statement (describing your motivation and experience)
- [Optional] Research statement (describing your research achievement and your plan for your Ph.D. study)
We welcome visiting scholars/professors/postdocs to collaborate in research projects of our mutual interests. Our past visiting scholars had good time and productivity with our collaborative and friendly team. If you are interested, please send your detailed resume, publications, and others (if applicable) in PDF in one email to andyli-at-ece. I will work with our department staff to assist you with paperwork for a visa, campus registration, and housing.
Research Volunteers/Independent Study
We welcome excellent and self-motivated graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in ECE/CISE at UF to participate in the following research areas: deep learning, big data, cloud computing, IoT, security & privacy. Research experiences in related areas and strong system programming skills are a plus.
If you are interested, please send your detailed resume, transcripts and GPA, rank in your class/department, TOEFL and GRE scores, publications, and others (if applicable) in PDF in one email to andyli-at-ece.
USNews ranked UF the Top 10 national public universities in 2017 (No. 9, tie with UC Irvine and UC San Diego) [UF Cracks Top 10] [USNews Top Public National Universities]. UF has been a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), the prestigious higher-education organization comprising the top 61 public and private institutions in North America. [UF Facts].