- Opportunities (PhD and Postdoc) for naturally motivated
- Won the Best Paper Award, "Enhancing Smartphone Indoor
Localization via Opportunistic Sensing," IEEE
SECON 2016. Congratulations to Kaikai Liu!
- Won the CAGI
Challenge on bipolar disorder: our team DeepBipolar was
ranked No.1 in the competition. Congratulations to Sundaram
Laksshman and Rajendra Bhat!
- PI, "Integrating Data, Algorithms and Clinical Reasoning for
Surgical Risk Assessment," National Institutes of Health (NIH)
R01 grant of total $2.7M for five years.
- PI, "DeepVital: Multimodal Data‐Driven Prediction and
Diagnosis of Sepsis via Deep Learning," UFII Seed grant.
- PI, "DeepSky: Extremely-fast and Accurate Discovery of New
Planets in Kepler Big Data via Large-Scale Deep Learning," Space
Research Initiative (SRI) grant.
- UF PI, "Securing the Internet of Things (IoT) from the
Hardware and Architecture Perspectives," Florida Cybersecurity
- Recent Invited Talks
- "CognitiveEngine: Boosting Scientific Discovery," Cognitive
Systems Institute, IBM, 2016.
- "DeepHealth: Deep Learning and its Applications in
Precision Medicine," International Conference on Computational
- "DeepDefense: DDoS Detection and Defense via
Software-Defined Ecosystems," Networking & Big Data
- "Towards Intelligent Software-Defined Ecosystems for the
Future Internet," Future Internet Forum, 2015.
- "SmartCloud: Software-Defined Data Centers for Smart Big
Data Engines," Harris, 2015.
- "SafeCloud: Real-time Health Monitoring and Large-scale
Hybrid Deep Learning," Workshop on Big Data Analytics in CPS:
Enabling the Move from IoT to Real-Time Control, CPS Week,
- "DeepCloud: Big Systems and Deep Models for Big Data," ZJU,
- "Software-Defined Ecosystems for Big Data Applications,"
SIAT, ZJU, SJTU, ZNU, HHU, SZU, 2015.
- Office Hours (Spring 2016): MW 3pm-4pm.